Where to go for QRP activations

Do you have a question about choosing a radio, installing an antenna, or are you simply seeking advice about getting started in QRP and field radio? This is a place where you can ask your questions and seek guidance from a wide variety of radio enthusiasts. No questions are too simple. You will be treated with respect here.
ns6x

Where to go for QRP activations

Post by ns6x »

Hi all. I am seeking advice. I am towing a small travel trailer-18’ to FDIM and then on to Maine and Lobstercon. I actually am somewhat planning and have reservations in lubec, ME July 1-9, then Lobstercon July 11-16. After FDIM and July 1, I have no plans. I was thinking about heading to Georgia, around Savannah and then meander north, or go into Canada and across for the 6 weeks. I would like to stay in one place, preferably a POTA entity for a few days, camping with the trailer.
I am from Southern California. Mountains, water, desert are all okay. Any suggestions on where to stay? Fewer people the better.
Thanks
John
Ns6x@arrl.org
k8zfj

Re: Where to go for QRP activations

Post by k8zfj »

John.

take a look at us-2871 in s.RI.
there r several other pota camp spots in Southern RI as well.

72s
Brian - K3ES

Re: Where to go for QRP activations

Post by Brian - K3ES »

ns6x wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 9:44 pm Hi all. I am seeking advice. I am towing a small travel trailer-18’ to FDIM and then on to Maine and Lobstercon. I actually am somewhat planning and have reservations in lubec, ME July 1-9, then Lobstercon July 11-16. After FDIM and July 1, I have no plans. I was thinking about heading to Georgia, around Savannah and then meander north, or go into Canada and across for the 6 weeks. I would like to stay in one place, preferably a POTA entity for a few days, camping with the trailer.
I am from Southern California. Mountains, water, desert are all okay. Any suggestions on where to stay? Fewer people the better.
Thanks
John
Ns6x@arrl.org
John,

If your travels take you through NW Pennsylvania, consider Allegheny National Forest - US-0619. It has 500,000+ acres of forest with lots of camping opportunities, from primitive to dispersed sites to developed camp grounds. Rivers, lakes, and streams are included in ANF, and wildlife is abundant. There are many other nearby POTA entities, including PA State Parks and Game Lands.

https://www.fs.usda.gov/allegheny/

Best 73 de Brian - K3ES