Morse Code Article - Smithsonian Magazine

Do you have general comments, notes or questions you'd like to share with others? This is the place.
MarkJY

Morse Code Article - Smithsonian Magazine

Post by MarkJY »

There is a short article on the continued use of and interest in CW in the latest (January-February 2023) issue of the Smithsonian magazine. Page 26. Some references to POTA and SOTA and a quote from Thomas. I was able to borrow a copy from my local library using the Libby app on my iPad. Did not see anything on the magazine’s web site as of this moment.

Mark
W8EWH
wg4z

Re: Morse Code Article - Smithsonian Magazine

Post by wg4z »

Great article. Had no trouble finding with the Libby app at my library. Thanks.

Max - WG4Z
MarkJY

Post by MarkJY »

N1OIE

Post by N1OIE »

So Cool! WG0AT Steve turned me on to SOTA and QRP ... mentoed me throuh rigs and operations. I Always loved mountaineering, and was super bored with radio from my shack, aka trying to break into a ssb pileup with only 100w, so I was done with the hobby till I saw a QST with Steve on the cover, re the Colo 14er event. I missed that, but Steve, and K7PX took me under their wings and taught me about the fun of SOTA. Great kudos to a couple of great guys, and now I'm CW only and QRP only for calling CQ. Thanks! Ps pse pardon typos...I blame my phone