2 band LNR MountainTopper help

Do you have a question about choosing a radio, installing an antenna, or are you simply seeking advice about getting started in QRP and field radio? This is a place where you can ask your questions and seek guidance from a wide variety of radio enthusiasts. No questions are too simple. You will be treated with respect here.
ns6x

2 band LNR MountainTopper help

Post by ns6x »

I picked up a used Steve Weber/LNR Wilderness Radio, ATS? It has two bands, light blue with three peaks. It is definitely two bands. It looks and seems to operate as a 3B (three band) radio, but has only 2 bands to select on the band select switch. The only info I have about it is that it came with 2 bands, but the user could select the bands at time of order/build.
I am trying to find anyone who has information about this radio, ie manuals, schematics or? LNR has not replied to me, or the reply went into the junk mail folder and was discarded.
Thanks for help
John, NS6X
ns6x@arrl.org
N8TGQ

Re: 2 band LNR MountainTopper help

Post by N8TGQ »

Maybe check the KD1JV and Mountain Topper groups on groups.io. I didn't see anything in their files section, but maybe someone has experience with them. Steve may even answer you on his group, but I think he might be burnt out on all the radio stuff. Not near as active recently.
I have the original 3b with the 7 segment LED readout. I don't know how related they are, but I can try to answer any questions you might have.
73 Rick N8TGQ
Rick N8TGQ
ns6x

Post by ns6x »

Thanks, Rick.
Just wanted a manual, and to verify the operation of the radio. The 2-band radio seems to operate similarly to the 3-band.
John, NS6X
dk7ux

Post by dk7ux »

John,

I sent you the manual of the two band LNR Mountain Topper by e-mail. Please confirm that this is what you are looking for.

Michael.