Importing Pictures

Do you have general comments, notes or questions you'd like to share with others? This is the place.
KN3A

Importing Pictures

Post by KN3A »

I wanted to include a couple of photos in some of my posts today, but the size was too big apparently. Is there any recommendations/suggestions how to get the pictures at a lower resolution without ruining the picture quality?

Thanks in advance.
Scott
KN3A
SkipRD

Re: Importing Pictures

Post by SkipRD »

If you're using Windows, there's still an option derived from the old Windows "Power Toys." It adds an option so that when you right click on an image, you can choose "resize image" into any of several different sizes. Information and the download is here: https://www.bricelam.net/ImageResizer/. I've used it for years and it works fine.

73 Skip K4EAK
K1GC

Post by K1GC »

Ditto to using the image resizer K4EAK just referred to for windows. I also use paint to save some files even smaller. For instance I made a 90x90 avatar test image, but the file size was still to large using image resizer (needs to be no more than 6kb), but saving the same file as a jpg in paint brought it down from 200kb to 5kb. I imagine Mac must also have similar tools.
KN3A

Post by KN3A »

Thank you both for your help. I just downloaded the small file to resize pictures.

73 Scott
KN3A
wg4z

Post by wg4z »

I use a Mac, iPad and iPhone. I tried to copy and paste a photo in my previous post and all that would show was a link to my photo library on my Mac. Is there a way to get a photo into a post that would actually show the photo from my Mac library?

Max - WG4Z
K1GC

Post by K1GC »

I don't have any way to test, but are you dragging and dropping images into the message window? If so, maybe try the attachments tab below and select and upload the file and see if that does anything different.