Charger for nimh cells with 12v input

Do you have a question about choosing a radio, installing an antenna, or are you simply seeking advice about getting started in QRP and field radio? This is a place where you can ask your questions and seek guidance from a wide variety of radio enthusiasts. No questions are too simple. You will be treated with respect here.
N8TGQ

Charger for nimh cells with 12v input

Post by N8TGQ »

I've been using an old Radio Shack universal charger to keep my nimh "aa" batteries charged. It has been a real workhorse for at least 15 years. But, it is showing it's age. I want to get a backup charger before this one dies.

Do you have any recommedations? It must be able to charge from 2 to 8 cells in series (2.4 -9.6v) and be able to run from a 12v supply source for my mobile or solar battery to work with it. I want to avoid taking the cells out of their holder to put into the charger separately.

IM NOT LOOKING TO CHANGE FROM NIMH BATTERIES!

All my transceivers, HTs and portable receivers use "AA" cells, and I have lots of batteries, so I wont be changing chemisties. Just need a decent charger that runs from 12v.

Thanks!
Rick N8TGQ