Portable Spearker

Do you have general comments, notes or questions you'd like to share with others? This is the place.
WW8D

Portable Spearker

Post by WW8D »

I would like to find a good speaker to use in the field with my KX3. The one I have has very little volume. Someone please help me out.
Thanks Tom WW8D
kc0myw

Re: Portable Spearker

Post by kc0myw »

I've got this Anker Soundcore Mini that I have used with my KX-1, MTR4b, and TR-35 and I really like it. Not sure if this is quite what you are looking for, but I ordered it based on reviews from K4SWL and it seems to work really well. I'm actually considering ordering a second one.
WW8D

Post by WW8D »

Thanks KC0MYW for the help. The one I have now just doesn't much volume at all. I know Thomas K4SWL does a lot of portable work so he should know. Thanks
WD9EGW

Post by WD9EGW »

Hi KC0MYW,

I'm interested in the Anker Soundcore Mini for my TR-35, based on your recommendation.

What cable do you use to connect the speaker to your TR-35? Does your cable have mono or stereo connections?

Thanks.

Chuck
WD9EGW
kc0myw

Post by kc0myw »

I use a cable with stereo connectors on each end. To be specific, I ordered this cable when I ordered the speaker.

A mono cable would probably work just as well, but I decided on a stereo one because it works just fine based on the pinout for the TR-35 and is more usable for other uses and can even be used as a spare key/paddle cable in a pinch.
WD9EGW

Post by WD9EGW »

KC0MYW,

Thank you..

Chuck