QRP accessories advice needed

Do you have a question about choosing a radio, installing an antenna, or are you simply seeking advice about getting started in QRP and field radio? This is a place where you can ask your questions and seek guidance from a wide variety of radio enthusiasts. No questions are too simple. You will be treated with respect here.
K8RBV

QRP accessories advice needed

Post by K8RBV »

I'm completing the needed accessories for my QRP / POTA go bag. I have a Venus SW-3b, and LDG atu and several portable antennas.

I'd like to add a battery (looking at the Bieonno BLF-1203 AB battery and charger, but would consider a cheaper or even smaller battery source if there are any recommendations). Also, what's a good place to buy this battery ?

I'd like a QRP wattmeter and or swr and wattmeter, small and portable.

Would like a small set of paddles too. Don't need an overly expensive set of paddles.

Any recommendations welcome.

Bob, K8RBV
ntilley905

Re: QRP accessories advice needed

Post by ntilley905 »

I don't have any experience with most of those items but I do like the CW Morse paddles. Check them out here: https://cwmorse.us/collections/outdoor-paddles

There's also the N6ARA Tiny Paddles that definitely live up to their name and are fantastic. https://n6ara.com/product/n6ara-tinypad ... assembled/
Brian - K3ES

Post by Brian - K3ES »

Hi Bob,

I agree on the CW Morse paddles. I started with their Pocket Paddles, and still use them often. Great customer service, too.

Bioenno BLF-1203 has served me well. AB is high, wide, and thin. W is closer to a cube. With my QRP rigs running 5 watts CW, 3Ah should give me 8-ish hours of operation (5 hours of operation is about the longest I've gone). I ordered direct from Bioennopower.com and got their charger for $15 added to the cost of the battery.

73 de Brian - K3ES
wg4z

Post by wg4z »

I just got the ATU-10 tuner and it tunes about as good as the LDG Z-100Plus and is about the size of an Elecraft T1. When I transmit, it tunes and shows the Power and SWR on the screen display on the tuner. I got mine from Amazon.

I concur on the CW Morse Pocket Paddles. Very light weight and easy to use. Great customer service and support too.

Max - WG4Z