Mobile Mounting a Yaesu FT818?

Do you have a question about choosing a radio, installing an antenna, or are you simply seeking advice about getting started in QRP and field radio? This is a place where you can ask your questions and seek guidance from a wide variety of radio enthusiasts. No questions are too simple. You will be treated with respect here.
M0RGM

Mobile Mounting a Yaesu FT818?

Post by M0RGM »

I wonder whether any one has seen or knows of a suitable mobile mount for a Yaesu FT-818/817?

My use case is around a robust mount to allow use whilst mobile, but also allow for removal for field use or when the car is parked.

Here's the additional challenge.... the car is a lease vehicle primarily used for work and thus drilling, sticking or bolting on of mounts is not permitted!

All ideas gratefully considered.

73 Richard MM0RGM
N8TGQ

Re: Mobile Mounting a Yaesu FT818?

Post by N8TGQ »

Maybe a cupholder mount or seat bracket mount? DX Engineering has quite a selection and Amazon came in up in my search also.

73 n GL
Rick N8TGQ
M0RGM

Post by M0RGM »

Thanks Rick, useful pointer - now looking at a number of options.

73 Richard MM0RGM
Brian - K3ES

Post by Brian - K3ES »

Richard,

The hook side of hook/loop fastener tape (Velcro) will attach well to carpet if you have it in convenient locations In your vehicle. When adhesive bonded to a transceiver body or mounting bracket, the hooks will hold firmly to a carpeted surface, leaving no permanent change to the vehicle interior.

Best 73 de Brian - K3ES