New rig for the summer!

Would you like to share your field kit or field reports with others? Please share it here. We will pick some of these to share on QRPer.com as well so please include your callsign so we can contact you!
N8TGQ

New rig for the summer!

Post by N8TGQ »

The weather finally warmed up enough to hit the park with my CW Flea from Zachtek and Kevin WB9RLW.

It puts out about 300.mw on 20. 30 and 40 meters. It covers the whole CW portion on all three bands. It's a transmitter only, so you need a separate receiver. The Flea handles all the antenna switching and muting.

I got 4 QSOs on 20, but no luck on 30 and 40. But I did get hits on the RBN for 30 and 40, but none for 20. Wierd!

Looks like some interesting times ahead this summer!
CWflea.jpg
CWflea.jpg (126.77 KiB) Viewed 3686 times
Stuffed.jpg
Stuffed.jpg (127.46 KiB) Viewed 3686 times
Rick N8TGQ
Andrew (grayhat)

Re: New rig for the summer!

Post by Andrew (grayhat) »

Nice ! Did you consider giving the PCB a case, even a plastic food case should do and will protect the circuitry
N8TGQ

Post by N8TGQ »

I really wanted the whole rig; radio, power and antenna to fit in this case I found. That's the reason for the homemade key and wire winders. A case for the radio would just be too large. Im sure I'll get bored with it and switch it to something else eventually. Maybe then I'll even use the file Kevin has online to make a 3d printed case for it.
Rick N8TGQ
w0rw

Post by w0rw »

Hi N8TGQ,
Nice rig...
Best to put into an ESD safe bag or put it into a metal case to prevent
static damage. Plastic boxes are a hazard.
See: https://qrper.com/2022/07/importance-of ... rotection/
Paul w0rw