It' s been an exciting day...

Do you have a question about choosing a radio, installing an antenna, or are you simply seeking advice about getting started in QRP and field radio? This is a place where you can ask your questions and seek guidance from a wide variety of radio enthusiasts. No questions are too simple. You will be treated with respect here.
Kurt

It' s been an exciting day...

Post by Kurt »

...in brief I'm learning Morse code and I actually am starting to understand live QSOs, my Penntec TR35 kit arrived from the USA to the UK in about a week, and I'm studying for my Full UK license and I passed the mock test by a good margin today.

And then I find Mr K4SWL himself has set up a forum for us!!

:D :D :D
K0BWR

Re: It' s been an exciting day...

Post by K0BWR »

Good luck on test!
Brian - K3ES

Post by Brian - K3ES »

Bravo, Kurt! Good luck with your test. Have fun with Morse Code, because fun produces motivation. The TR-35 will help with the fun. I think you will really enjoy what you can do with that little rig!

Best 73 de Brian - K3ES
KN3A

Post by KN3A »

Congratulations on learning the code Kurt! You'll really enjoy it especially if you do POTA/SOTA.

73 Scott
KN3A
ko4rip

Post by ko4rip »

How exciting! I received my TR-35 today too. Enjoy!

Angela
anothergeezer

Post by anothergeezer »

Once OPs get past the "I don't want to learn Morse Code." phase it is a lot of fun. I have been working 99% CW for decades now. The more you use it the better it becomes. Crossing the ocean with 100 milliwatts is a blast. Welcome to HF.

KK4Z

Post by KK4Z »

CW is a lot of fun. The vast majority of my POTA contacts are CW. It's also easier to reach across the pond with CW. I look forward to working you.
72 de Scott KK4Z
Blog kk4z.com
YouTube https://tinyurl.com/j2h8hwht