New QRP Labs Radio - QMX

Do you have general comments, notes or questions you'd like to share with others? This is the place.
M0RGM

New QRP Labs Radio - QMX

Post by M0RGM »

Hans Summers of QRPLabs has just announced a new radio that looks amazing, especially given the price. As owner of both a 30m QCX and a 20m QCX-Mini, this new multiband CW and Digital radio looks an absolute winner. It is available both as a kit and pre-built.

Detail may be found here: http://shop.qrp-labs.com/qmx

72/73 Richard M0RGM
N8TGQ

Re: New QRP Labs Radio - QMX

Post by N8TGQ »

I saw this at Hamvention today. You could get the kit and the case for around $120. I have too many 80-20 meter rigs.

All these new radios seem to be capable of working on all the HF bands, but the low pass filters seem to be hard to supply. I dont know why.

If you can come up with auto antenna tuner, why is an auto LPF so hard?
Rick N8TGQ
KL7MJ

Post by KL7MJ »

My timing isn't that great - my QCX-mini kit arrived last week! I'm hoping that Hans makes a high band (20-17-15-12-10) version too.
Brian - K3ES

Post by Brian - K3ES »

KL7MJ wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 12:39 pm My timing isn't that great - my QCX-mini kit arrived last week! I'm hoping that Hans makes a high band (20-17-15-12-10) version too.
When he presented the QMX at the Four Days in May (FDIM) conference, Hans specifically noted that he expects to put out a high band version of the QMX. He seems to have a variety of paths for enhancement in mind for the QMX (some may be firmware enhancements), but right now is focused on getting this version out to customers, so no upgrade time-line. He brought almost 400 kits to FDIM / Hamvention, and they were selling very quickly.

Yes, I got my kit. It will take me a while to get it built...

Best 73 de Brian - K3ES
KL7MJ

Post by KL7MJ »

I still have a QCX-mini and a QDX to build, so the QMX-hi should be out long before I'm ready to get it!
SkipRD

Post by SkipRD »

KL7MJ wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 3:24 pm I still have a QCX-mini and a QDX to build, so the QMX-hi should be out long before I'm ready to get it!
Same boat ... I'm 2/3 through building a QDX, but went ahead and ordered a QMX anyway.
So much to do ... so little time.
73 Skip K4EAK