Anyone looking for a KX1?

Do you have general comments, notes or questions you'd like to share with others? This is the place.
K1GC

Anyone looking for a KX1?

Post by K1GC »

I have a three band KX1 with tuner that I have enjoyed for the last couple of years, but I am not really using it and I am not trying to be a collector. When I got this one, the three blue buttons were faltering, and I was able to figure out what they are through Elecraft, source them and replace them myself. I can take photos of both sides of the board so my removal and replacement work can be scrutinized. I am not claiming any sort of perfection, but the new buttons have worked perfectly and as has the other radio functions. The only other blemish is one of the battery tray fasteners did not want to thread well enough and I think I have dual lock in there holding the tray to the cover.

I don't need to sell it, but I know plenty of folks would like a KX1 and if I connect with someone I would probably get to where it will be utilized. I know I can stick it on QRZ for a quick sale, but I would rather explore the smaller QRP community first.

Douglas K1GC
k1gcme@gmail.com
K4SWL
Site Admin

Re: Anyone looking for a KX1?

Post by K4SWL »

I don't think you'll have a difficult time selling this. I, too, have some of those replacement buttons from (I believe) Mouser.
Cheers,
Thomas
K4SWL
K1GC

Re: Anyone looking for a KX1?

Post by K1GC »

Thanks Thomas and it did find a new home quickly.

I quite liked the KX1, but I am just being pragmatic about all of the stuff on the shelf. I figured it was time to let someone else check it out.

Cheers, Douglas K1GC