Looking good

Do you have general comments, notes or questions you'd like to share with others? This is the place.
AI5DD

Looking good

Post by AI5DD »

I think this is a great addition to the blog, thanks for putting forth the time and creative energy. I guess I'll post a recent picture of my KX2 with a new watt meter I received for portable use.
IMG_0892.jpeg
IMG_0892.jpeg (184.27 KiB) Viewed 2163 times
K1GC

Re: Looking good

Post by K1GC »

Great meter. I got one to use with my KX3 and it has been very handy. The KX2 has the same functionality as the Powerwerx meter built in right? I know it has an amp hour meter that I have tied to one of the function buttons, and it also shows current draw along with power supply voltage on the main display. I can't recall if if does anything else. Either way, I like having the external meter for the radios that don't have that.
AI5DD

Post by AI5DD »

K1GC wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 9:54 am Great meter. I got one to use with my KX3 and it has been very handy. The KX2 has the same functionality as the Powerwerx meter built in right? I know it has an amp hour meter that I have tied to one of the function buttons, and it also shows current draw along with power supply voltage on the main display. I can't recall if if does anything else. Either way, I like having the external meter for the radios that don't have that.
Yes, the KX2 does have that function. I use it when I have the time showing. I can turn the knob and get all kinds of info on the voltage. Sorry I didn't see this post, I either failed to enable email notifications for posts or it was lost in the shuffle. I will use this more for my MTR-4B Mountain Topper or any field radio I may hereafter acquire without this function. Thanks and 72/73.
K1GC

Post by K1GC »

Thanks. I forgot I had one of these prior to your post, and I have it back in the kit now.

73, Douglas