Travel to Europe with KX3 questions

Do you have general comments, notes or questions you'd like to share with others? This is the place.
K4RLC

Re: Travel to Europe with KX3 questions

Post by K4RLC »

-Just got back from a great trip to Greece with the KX1 and AX1 - short answer: no problems with international travel.
Most scrutiny was here at the Raleigh Durham airport where TSA pulled my backpack with radio equipment apart and examined everything. TSA even swabbed the KX2 kit for explosives ! The TSA guy was familiar with ham radio and even asked about getting a license....but he kept muttering "so many wires ! " referring to random wire antennae, radials and 25 ft of coax for the AX1.....BTW, mounted the AX1 on a lightweight camera tripod and used a bundles of three 13 ft wires attached to AX1 camera mount base with alligator clip....on 20 CW from a Hellenic Navy light house on a penisula in the Laconic Gulf of the Aegean Sea, worked lots of eastern and central Europe and Israel....this combo did great.
72 de SV3?K4RLC/P (called assigned by Greek Radio Union) Bob
Andrew (grayhat)

Post by Andrew (grayhat) »

So you finally got back home :D !

Now... once the dust sets, may we hope to see some report with pics and notes :) ?
K4RLC

Post by K4RLC »

Slowy working on a "Field Trip to Greece" report for Thomas. Half our group got COVID, including my YL, so things have been moving pretty slow. I got some weird Asia Minor virus that's persistent. Anyway, trip was totally worth it.
Andrew (grayhat)

Post by Andrew (grayhat) »

K4RLC wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 12:47 pm Slowy working on a "Field Trip to Greece" report for Thomas. Half our group got COVID, including my YL, so things have been moving pretty slow. I got some weird Asia Minor virus that's persistent. Anyway, trip was totally worth it.
Hope it isn't the so called "long COVID", at any rate, usually taking "ilbuprofen" and having some aereosol for a week or so, should take care of the issue; heatlh first, then once you'll have time, do post your report !