tr USDX doesn't work.

Do you have a question about choosing a radio, installing an antenna, or are you simply seeking advice about getting started in QRP and field radio? This is a place where you can ask your questions and seek guidance from a wide variety of radio enthusiasts. No questions are too simple. You will be treated with respect here.
Wywhy

tr USDX doesn't work.

Post by Wywhy »

How all. First post to this site.

I have been interested in activating parks and I have been trying to get a go bag ready. I wanted to start out small at first to see how it went. I purchased a tr USDX from Amazon by DL2MAN, but ever since I got it I have not been able to get it going.

I followed the instruction sheet that came with the radio to a T, but it just doesn't work. No matter what I do with the programming, it will not load my call, or work at all.

The sheet said that the serial number should be on the screen and if it isn't there, it could be defective. All it shows is 'trusdx' in the upper corner.

Is there some way to erase the programming and start over, or is there someone who could check it and see if it is defective? Have had no joy with Amazon. I understand it is a compromise radio, but it should at least be able to hear signals.

Would appreciate any help. Thanks and 73.
Tom, W7WHY.
Brian - K3ES

Re: tr USDX doesn't work.

Post by Brian - K3ES »

Hi Tom,

Welcome! I am not a trUSDX user, but I expect others can help. Also, try searching for trUSDX among prior posts. There may be something useful there.

I do want to commend you for testing out your system before setting out for your first activation. When it works, it will give you confidence that you can be successful. When it does not, it gives you the ability to trouble-shoot. It can be really frustrating to get to a park and find out something is missing or not working.

Well done! I'm sure you will get this problem solved.

Best 73 de Brian - K3ES
Wywhy

Re: tr USDX doesn't work.

Post by Wywhy »

Thanks Brian

I have been licensed since '54 and have always been able to fix my own stuff, but working on SMD's is a different story. Lots easier to build tube stuff.

I have another rig that I usually keep in my popup camper. It is an older FT-450 that I usually toss that in when I go camping. 73
Tom W7WHY